We’ve always liked a challenge. So after spreading our wonder-working brow wisdom at various UK beauty hotspots – not to mention our tip-top venue in Henri Bendel’s New York – we decided to enter the brave new world of nails.
We applied our exacting brow shaping standards, false lash attention to detail and the nurturing know-how of our Ayurvedic massages and looked at creating a mani/pedi-perfect equivalent. And what better place to start than in the fabulousness that is our new Blink bar in the all-singing, all-dancing freshly-refurbed Selfridges Manchester?
But we’re not one to have favourites among our fans. So we decided to set up a nail shop at London’s The Spa at Bluebird. Set on the uber-cool King’s Road in Chelsea, this brand new nail bar serves up a selection of the most seductive OPI and Essie shades. And to save you time when you stop by, we put together our top of the nail picks rundown of the colours that will take you through winter and into spring/summer…
5. So chic, so go-with-everything wearable, we just can’t get enough of taupes, greiges and putty shades right now. So seek out Essie’s Mink Muffs or caramel-delicious Carry On.
4. Like the LBD of nails, you gotta love a classic. A dark, blood red shade magically looks great against all skin tones – so when you need something you just know will work, look no further than Essie’s Limited Addiction..
3. Blue is the new red ladies. So when a berry just doesn’t seem en vogue, trust us when we say Essie’s Midnight Cami won’t fail you.
2. Yet by the time deep, dark winter sets in, sometimes a gal needs a bit of a perky-nailed pick me up. Opt for OPI’s OPI on Collins Ave on your toes and you can dream you’ve been whisked off to far-off shores while you gaze at them during the eighth downward dog of your yoga class.
1. For a winter wonderland look worthy of any Ice Queen, try Essie’s Marshmallow. A sheer white shade with a gorgeous glossy finish, this colour is perfect for French manis as well as fully white-washed nails.
And for anyone who’s got a not-a-moment-to-spare diary – or better still , really is leaving for sunnier climes – we’ve even laid on the option of an Artistic 3-Week Mani in your chosen shade.
Now that’s what we call nailing your beauty regimen!