The humble sock. Good for sweaty feet, amazing for pre-pubescent bra fillings, and now its managed to find another purpose…the hair bun. Yep that’s right, the once torturous activity of perfecting a ballerina bun has now become a quick fix solution to the bad hair day, an instant remedy to the thin haired victim and the saviour for the late to work. Clap your hands and say a big thank you to our favourite multi-task accessory.
Simple steps for the perfect buns:
- Find a sock that has become a lone ranger since the trip to the washing machine
- Trim the ends off, and start rolling it- a perfect donut should be starting to form.
- Put hair in mid to high pony, and secure with hair tie.
- Pull pony tail through donut
- Tease hair and wrap around donut- secure all flyways with bobby pins
- Make all the girls at work jealous with your perfectly formed ballerina bun