New year, new you…or so they say. The only problem is that after stuffing ourselves with turkey and downing one to many mulled wines, we’re not feeling all that spritely. Add in a serious case of back-to-work-blues and some sun-starved skin and were almost ready to retreat into hibernation until mid May.
So…we’ve decided a pro-active approach is the only way. Here at Blink we’ve come up with a set of skincare essentials that will brighten up the dullest of winter-tinged complexions and help you combat the coldest months of the year. Banish chapped lips, dry skin and tired eyes with our hand-picked selection of beauty saviours and emerge into 2012 looking ethereal…well, fingers crossed.
- 1. Scrub away last years grime with Ren’s Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Polish, £18. Perfect for sensitive skin and ultra cooling, this face wash is sure to restore a glowing skin tone
- 2. Tried, tested and loved by many, Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream, £25, is the ideal way to combat dry and dehydrated lips. Apply every night before bed to keep your lips supple and crack-free.
- 3. An essential part of your beauty regime, a good make-up primer can make the difference between healthy, well hydrated skin and a dry, grey complexion. Dr Sebagh’s, Luminous Glow Complexion Perfector, £72.00, eliminates signs of fatigue and leaves skin looking younger, firmer and with a long lasting glow.
- 4. Inject some essential oils into dry, tired skin with Aromatherapy Associates Revitalising Face Oil, £37. Combining extracts of rose, frankincense and borage, it won’t be long before you’re looking youthful and radiant.
- 5. Combat dark circles and arm yourself against the cold with this 24 Hour Replenishing eye Moisturiser from Espa, £35. Not only will it nourish delicate skin, but it also contains ingredients like Mimosa and Evening Primrose – packed full of antioxidants to help prevent the early signs of aging.